CHECK OUT http://pgfdfire.com/
DCFD FIREFIGHTERS AT WORK
2nd Alarm on Dec. 23, 1943 at Kay Jewelry Store, 409-411 7th Street NW.
TODAY IN DCFD HISTORY
OLD ENGINE 24 FIREHOUSE
On January 18, 1837 the Perseverance Fire Company was formed. The Perseverance Company succeeded in the apparatus of the Phoenix Company, which was made effective by an appropriation of $100 to repair things. At that time it was housed in a small frame building near the corner of 9th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. N. W. A new house was erected at 8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. N. W. This company served 1837 – 1864
Also in January 18, 1837 the Union Fire Company was fully reorganized. A new house was built this year located at 19th & H Streets N.W. In 1862 the Federal government took over the house and the Union Fire Company moved to 21st Street & Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Mon. Jan 15th 2018
story/photos dcfemsA 2 Alarm Fire in a Woodley Park apartment building and an early morning incendiary blaze at a Northeast gas station kept DC firefighters on the go Saturday, January 13th.The first fire took place around 6:30 AM in a Sunoco gas station at 1830 Rhode Island Ave NE. First arriving u...
Sun. Jan 7th 2018
video by dcfems/An early morning fire in the Columbia Heights section of the city left four adults and a child displaced.The fire happen just before 5:00 a.m. in the 3600 block of Park Place Northwest.First units on the scene encounter heavy fire coming from the top floor of a two-story rowhou...
Mon. Jan 1st 2018
An early morning fire in Southeast has displaced 14 people and sent a firefighter to the hospital.The fire was reported around 2:45 pm Monday morning in the 3100 block of Buena Vista Terrace Southeast.Engine 32 arrived on the scene with smoke showing from a two-story apartment building, seconds late...
Mon. Jan 1st 2018
DC firefighters did not have to wait long to respond to the first working fire of the new year.Just after 12:30 a.m. Monday morning, Engine 24 was dispatched to the 500 block of Allison Street NW for a fire in an alley.As Engine 24 was responding to the incident, a box alarm was sounded for a house ...
Sat. Dec 30th 2017
Five people were left displaced after an unattended candle led to an early morning fire in a Petworth neighborhood building on Saturday morning, December 30th.Snow had just finished falling when a Box Alarm was dispatched at 7:20 AM for a fire at 5th and Shepherd Streets NW.First arriving firefighte...